[pasmembers] Re: It's just about 1pm - looking for a weather update

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 13:52:41 -0700

Thank you for your forecasts.

It appears that the group, you, want to do this event. So, if we are doing
it, I'm ok with that. I'll just move my "other" plans we made, to tomorrow
(other plans were in case tonight was canceled).

potluck is 6pm, as requested by Don

Thank you all for participating in Perfect Potluck.
I see Don and NO Name are bringing stuff to eat and drink.

Let's just eat, drink and be merry, and see how the weather goes.
William will be home soon and we will be packing and stuff for going up to
Mike's.

If someone sees the weather turning bad, and there is no chance for
viewing, text my phone, or call me. I'd like to know if there is a chance
the evening won't have any viewing. Less to bring up with me. : )

Remember your Red filtered flashlights, tables, chairs, maybe a light
jacket. Laser pointers for those doing the night sky tours.

Let's make it a great night with great friends. and I do mean, you guys are
Wonderful friends to have.

Terri

Howard, I'm itching to do some observing too. I think it has been May since
i was last looking through a scope. Maybe even my own. Poor Doctor is just
sitting in the corner waiting to get outside and see into the PAST!

Please remember, NO Parking in the observing area. Around the house is
fine, along the circle drive. Anyone parked incorrectly will be asked to
move their vehicle. Leave room for Eric to bring his scope through. If you
are unsure where to park, come in and ask me and i'll find you a good
place. And if you don't have a scope, please park out front in the triangle
area, or along the circle drive.
To be technical, it is more of a tear shaped drive, than circular, but
because people in general call it circular, I will too. And if you are
leaving earlier than others, park so you headlights are pointed away from
the back of the house.

Thank you all for helping to make this an awesome event!
I"ll leave my computer on for a bit longer, in case there are changes to
the weather that i need to know about.
Have a super evening! Everyone!

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'll bring a scope unless the weather forecast changes drastically.
> Itching to do some observing.
>
> On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I thought we agreed at the last mom to do the potluck at 6...this gets us
>> outside while it is still light to setup the scopes.
>>
>> Skippy is saying 70-80% transparency. but all last week the clouds, from
>> the south, were heading into NM...today they are heading our way.
>>
>> Accuweather is saying it will clear up late, after 9pm. the weather
>> Channel is saying a little earlier at 7 and then the clouds will build
>> starting at midnight. the clear sky clock is saying the same thing...so
>> there is no consensus tonight.
>>
>> I will probably bring my scope and see what happens,
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm packed and ready to go, but i can unpack if needed.
>>>
>>> So, what are we doing tonight?
>>> Is it a go?
>>>
>>> Terri
>>>
>>> --
>>> Good friends are like stars. You don't always
>>> see them, but you always know they are there.
>>> Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event
>>> Coordinator
>>> Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
>>> <https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAstronomicalSociety> Page & My Facebook