[pasmembers] Re: Items for sale through List Serv

  • From: <johnmartha72@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:22:49 -0400

Folks, I started this issue after getting four or five emails over a couple of
weeks regarding Meade sales and mistakenly assumed that someone who was also a
Meade Representative had us on an emailing list of sorts.  I have since learned
this was coming from a member unaffiliated with Meade.

I won't mind getting the occasional email when a member comes across a special
deal.  I don't want to get a weekly report on the deal of the week.  Since the
emails are being done in good faith and with the best of intentions, I am
comfortable with not making this a big issue and developing a policy.  Instead,
I trust each of us will use our own good judgment about how much of this stuff
to send.  If it gets out of hand, we can revisit this in the future but I don't
anticipate a problem.  At least that's my view.

John (Miller)
---- Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

=============
Good afternoon PAS Members,

It was brought to my attention that some folk
do not care to get the great deals that are found
on the Meade website, as ads in their email.

We haven't set a rule for this type of situation.
The List serv has been a means of communication
for only a short while, for us. It is all just
a matter what we feel is ok to allow
and what we would rather not see.

So, send your input. What do you think
about great deals shared. I've seen some come
through I wish I could purchase. I guess it would
matter to me if there were more than 1 or 2 a
week. That's my input.

Give us your input. Reply to the List Serv
list and let us know what you think about this,
and we will make a decision now, on this.

The purpose of the List Serv is to communicate
events, plans for events, cancellations of events,
and other related things having to do with PAS
and events.
So, officially, the ads are probably not the best
of ideas. But it isn't like the person posting
the ads has any kickback from it. I figure one
ad, once in a while, if it is a really good deal,
couldn'thurt. But, that's why we have the list Serv,
so send your input. Do we want to avoid Ads?
Do we want to say, No Ads, and no other things
that have nothing to do directly with PAS,
then that's fine. Your input is important.

We do have a separate list for which I post
things to, now and then, having to do with
other events around town and sometimes sales.
A few people are on that list. I'll look up
the list and let you know what it is, or Sam
can post it as he is on it. I dont' post there
that often, and it is another List Serv.

Have a super day. I'm out of here for the day.
Back in on Monday, so have your conversation
and what everyone chooses to do, will be the
decision. And then, we'd like to stick to the
rules that will be set up, if possible.

As far as leaving the list, go to the Get the Most
from PAS document I sent out a while ago,
and the directions on how to subscribe
and unsubscribe are in there. But before
you unsubscribe, please consider, the list serve
is  the life line to PAS. If we are discussing
canceling an event, it is through the List serv.
Don't unsubscribe unless you really mean to
and you don't want any more info about
events.
We can make a change, if that is preferred
by many who are on the list. I"m ok with that.
Just let me know your ideas.

Thanks. Have a wonderful weekend!
Terri, Event Coordinator for PAS

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook Page
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor