[pasmembers] Re: Homework for Sept 20 2014 Night Sky Training Session

  • From: Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 03:37:22 +0000

Hey Kevin - Can I make a couple of suggestions?  A more interesting target that
Vega itself, is Epsilon Lyrae, the "double-double" nearby.  Also, you might be
able to find M8 in the sky glow to the south, but might want to find another
Messier for backup.  Finally, NGC7000 is an extremely difficult object - I can
just see it at Antennas with the 22" and a Narrow-band filter and very low
power.  If you do have an NB filter, you might try the Eastern and Western Veil
nebulae in Cygnus.  NGC 6992 - 6995.

Just some ideas.

Eric