[pasmembers] Homework for Sept 20 2014 Night Sky Training Session

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:02:51 -0700

Good Morning PAS Members,

If you plan to attend the NSTS, I need your homework by tomorrow, anytime
tomorrow, but by tomorrow, Wednesday Sept 17, so i have time to assemble
the homework page and format it and send it to you in time to print it out
for the class on Saturday. Even if we don't do the class, if you do your
homework, you can send it over, and i can include it in the collection and
I will send that collection out to the class members, so they can all view
these objects either on Sept 20 at the class, or at a later time when the
weather is more permitting of a viewing session.

So, here's how it will work. Alex sent me 5 objects. Thank you so much
Alex. I only ask for 3 objects for the class, so Alex has an A+ in the
class!
I will accumulate and put into one file, all the submissions of homework,
and format it nicely, and then send it back out to those who submitted
their homework, so that they can all benefit. So, everyone attending the
class will have the complete list.

If you can't print for some reason, let me know and i'll have Don print the
extra copies and bring them with him Saturday. But I need to know this by
Friday 3pm, so that Don  knows how many copies he is making. NO last minute
printing. Don is a very busy dude, and needs time to do it.

So, send me your homework. It can be on list or off, just get it to me. And
let's have a great viewing party. And if the viewing is canceled, i will
email out the list, anyway.

The homework is for everyone attending, even if you are attending without a
scope, you should probably do the homework to become familiar with the sky.

Have a Fantastic Tuesday!
Terri, Event Coordinator

Below is the homework email I sent out earlier.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> will be awesome for a training session.
>
> Homework for the class is mandatory to attend.
> Homework is sent through the PASMembers List serv to be shared with
> everyone, so we all have the info needed to do the class. I hope to have
> time to accumulate all the homework into a file, and send it out, neatly
> organized, for the printing and use at this class. You will all print your
> own list, from the main list, but at least we will all have the info to
> share. You can reply to this email with your homework assignment.
>
> $2 donated per vehicle, is also requested.
>
> Sign up for the potluck.
>
> Are these the only awesome PAS Members attending this event? Weather
> permitting.
> Terri Finch [Remove] [09-03-2014 03:51 PM] - Weather permitting - 1, maybe
> 2 scopes, and possibly pizza
> Don Boyd [Remove] [09-03-2014 04:16 PM]
> Rodney Fong [Remove] [09-09-2014 03:23 PM]
> http://www.pasaz.org/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1482&day=2014-9-20
>
> And RSVP your attendance. 4 people is not a class size, although, even if
> no one else attends, we will do something class related, just not with all
> the usual class info shared.
>
> William gave me an idea for next NSTS class. So, I'm ready for the next
> one, in case this one falls through due to weather.
>
> Saturday is too far out to be accurate with the weather forecasts, but we
> are hopeful we will have an event.
>
> Let's all get out there and do the homework assignment, even of you aren't
> attending, doing the assignment gets you to be that much more versed in
> what's available to share in September.
>
> Have a spectacular Monday!
> Terri, Event Coordinator
>
> You may notice that you got* two copies of this email*. I'm testing the
> lists.
>
> PASAnnounce is for announcements only and All PAS members are supposed to
> be on that list to know what is happening with PAS. Events, cancelled
> events, etc.
>
> PASMembers is our discussion list. We discuss weather, upcoming events,
> the potlucks, and topics that were discussed or might be discussed at a
> future Meeting of the Minds. You want to be on this list if you are an
> active member of PAS.
>
> If you didn't' get two copies of this email, please check to see which
> list you DID get a copy from, and let me know if you need to sign up for
> the other list so I can send out the sign up directions to get you where
> you need to be.
>
> Complete with typos because i'm in a hurry to jump into the shower before
> William gets home. I may just continue to work on stuff tonight, as well,
> depends on how bad a headache I have from doing the taxes earlier today.
> Taxes, looking at those small numbers on receipts and statements, is a
> headache to me. Everyone have a headache free evening!!!
>

> --
> Good friends are like stars. You don't always
> see them, but you always know they are there.

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook