[pasmembers] Re: Fw: Rentals?

  • From: <jcollins79@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 18:23:46 -0500

Hello Leah

Good question- I don't know of anybody who rents mounts.
Maybe Photon Intruments 122 East Main Street  Mesa, AZ 85201 (480) 835-1767?
They have limited hours 9am-3pm Wed-Sat. (I tried calling but too late to reach
them today).

It would be better if someone in the PAS group with an extra mount could lend a
mount to this guy, like Chris Johnson.

It would be good to know what the customer requirements are:
(1) How much weight-wise does the mount need to support?
(2) Does he want computerized or manual tracking? Is he planning on doing
astrophotography?
(3) What kind of mount hardware does he have? Losmandy, Meade, Celestron,
Canon, Other?
(4) Does his OTA have hardware for fork-mount, Alt-AZ, or German equitorial
mount?

-Joe C.