[pasmembers] Re: Election of Secretary, not Appointment

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "insanas@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 16:19:44 -0400

Don, I totally disagree with your tortured analysis. No one objected to the
voting until Kevin announced he was running. Now you try some convoluted way to
block the vote.
There is nothing forbidding this special meeting for which members were given
over one month's notice. The meeting can have more than one issue. The first
issue is whether to have a new position as secretary and the second issue is to
vote in the new secretary.
The citation you provide has to do with when an office is vacated (someone
leaves an existing position mid term) or when no one wants to run for the
position at the annual meeting. Those two parameters do not apply in this case.
We are voting to create a new officer position and then voting to fill that
spot. There has been plenty of notice given.
If the new secretary position is voted down then the election is moot. If the
new secretary position is approved then we can vote for the secretary since
everyone has been given proper notice and the special meeting was to elect the
new secretary. Only if the new position is created and then no one wants to run
for secretary would the situation arise for appointment.
Sam Insana