[pasmembers] Re: Do we have the event or cancel?

  • From: Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:24:59 -0700

If we just have 1 scope and it is a dob, I am thinking of not coming.

Right now there is near 100% cloud cover in Chandler. It did not look that bad until I put on yellow tinted sunglasses then you see it is near total cloud cover. Granted they are high thin clouds, but you could only see the brightest stars thru them. The satellites show that these clouds stretch all the way to the border with Cal and are not going anywhere anytime soon. Even Accuweather is now saying 50% clouds until 6. The only thing you might be able to see thru these clouds is the moon.

On 3/21/2013 3:09 PM, Terri wrote:
What are the thoughts of everyone attending?

Too many clouds?

And if we are clouded out, that means no
star party, but we can still do the
telescope workshop, but is it worth
the drive for 1 RSVP?

Give me your input, please.
Thanks
I"m working on something, so i'm a little
distracted from my email but i am monitoring
it.
Thanks
Terri
*//*Good friends are like stars. You don't always
Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event Coordinator Visit the P.A.S. Blog <http://pasaz-digest.blogspot.com/> & My Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/people/Terri-Finch/1021922600> Page Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor <http://betterfly.com/profile.php?user=MusicByTerri-2>

    Actually, 20-27% does sound pretty bad, Terri,  for viewing, but
    maybe not for the telescope class. No, I won't be able to make it.
    Take care, Sam

        *From:* "insanas@xxxxxxx <mailto:insanas@xxxxxxx>"
        <insanas@xxxxxxx <mailto:insanas@xxxxxxx>>