[pasmembers] Canopies

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: List Serve <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

Good afternoon PAS Members,

Canopies for June 5th

Currently for the Venus Transit, we have 2 canopies being brought by Rod
for this event, for us to hide under during the day from 3pm to 7pm.

I have a friend bringing another one. If anyone else would like to bring
their canopy and you are planning to stay until 7pm, that would
be so much appreciated. Drop me an email. We can make a collection
of canopies to hide under during the day. I know that 2 canopies will
not be enough for the crowd we are expecting.

We can just TENT the whole area down one end of the Venus Transit
site, and then at 7pm, when the sun goes down, 7pm ish - we can take
them down for the evening event. Some of you will want to move your scopes
for the evening portion of the event. I know, I will be moving my station
someplace
else, as well. I usually take the far East side, so we catch the people coming
in
to the event, with the handout table.

Officially Sunset is about 7:20 so we probably won't be taking them down
prior to that, as I believe the Transit continues past 7:20. I'll look it up
later to see how long it actually lasts. If the transit ends before 7:20, we
can plan to take down canopies and rearrange for the evening event,
earlier.  Anyone want to look that up for me? Thanks.

But for the Transit, I may put my station under a canopy, but still accessible
and visible from the parking lot. And then with enough canopies,
we can make it more comfortable to all attending.

Yes, if you have one and would like to bring it, let's plan that you do. And
drop
me an email so we can figure out how to set them up so they are most efficient,
and not in the way of the Solar Viewing.

Thanks to Sue, my good friend, for coming up with this idea. She will be
bringing
her canopy. She is not a PAS Member, but she is a wonderful gal who I really
appreciate!

Terri, Event Coordinator

PS: The public RSVP list is growing. I'm putting them all into the forum
thread.
And I"m no where near done with my emails. I did get caught up on the voice
mails, so all calls have been taken care of. I predict a lot of people will
wait until Monday to say they are attending.

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook
Private Music Instructor, Ascent Vending Company
Healthy, Wealthy & Wise with Acai Berry