[pasmembers] Re: CTCA Tues Feb 14

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:47:16 -0800 (PST)


What ever you decide, just let me know if i am Canceling
2/14 event or not. 
I saw on the weather this morning, not that Ch 3 is correct 
all the time, but it looks like we are in for a big storm
and it may even wipe out Thursday. YIPES!

Have a super day!
Take care
and keep me in the loop, please.

Good friends are like stars. You don't always
see them, but you always know they are there.
Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society Event Coordinator
Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook
Private Music Instructor, Ascent Vending Company
Healthy, Wealthy & Wise with Acai Berry

> From: "jcollins79@xxxxxxx" <jcollins79@xxxxxxx>
>To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>Cc: Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>; jcollins79@xxxxxxx; Don Boyd 
>Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:50 AM
>Subject: [pasmembers] Re: CTCA Tues Feb 14
>I have a call in to Marisa at CTCA. I think we should RESCHEDULE to Tues Feb 
>*Coulds will mess up solar viewing and be problematic through the evening 
>according to Eric (even though accuweather says the 'stargazing quality' is 
>supposed to be 8 out of 10.
>*Winds will definitely be a concern for Eric and Don's OTA Tubes - winds of 
>9mph and gusts up to 24mph are forecast
>*It is forecast to be the chilliest evening of the entire week. 
>*I have a call in to Marisa to see if they have other competing activiites for 
>St. Valentine's Day that would cause us low attendance and would mke the Feb 
>28 date better.
>*I personally don't want to traverse over 100miles roundtrip for this event 
>with my telescope/equipment exposed to the elements because of predicted 
>showers during the day in Phoenix, Maricopa, and Goodyear.....
>---- Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: 
>> Intellicast, NWS, and cleardarksky are currently showing cloud cover
>> persisting until around 11 pm.  Even Accuweather has winds at 15 gusting
>> to 24 through the evening (which I think will rule out big Dobs).
>> Just BTW, visibility and cloud cover are unrelated.  You can have solid
>> 1500' overcast and great visibility (just not upward!).
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> [mailto:pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jcollins79@xxxxxxx
>> Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:13 AM
>> To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Cc: Don Boyd
>> Subject: [pasmembers] Re: CTCA Tues Feb 14
>> Folks interested in the CTCA Feb 14 event....
>> I am getting conflicting forecasts on accuweather.... 8 out of 10 for
>> visibility, but "mostly cloudy" and "some showers" on accuweather's
>> 'astronomy'  tab for Feb 14th....What bothers me is yesterday evening
>> wind gusts were forecast up to 33mph, today they are still forecast up
>> to 20mph- we know from experience that the 5th floor garden terrace gets
>> subatantial wind around sunset (our setup time). Right now, I am
>> thinking that Tuesday late afternoon shower(s) + clouds will interfere
>> with solar viewing and wind may be problematic for the evening. I'll
>> recheck the forecast for change in a few hours. So for now,
>> SOLAR VIEWING IS CANCELLED, waiting to make a decision on the evening
>> program depending on forecast in a few hours.
>> ---- Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: 
>> > Accuweather is now saying rain and possibler showers for Tuesday
>> during 
>> > the day, but clearing by 8 pm and then the clouds coming back at
>> 11pm...
>> > 
>> > On 2/9/2012 3:37 PM, jcollins79@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> > > We need to weatherwatch for the CTCA event on Tues Feb 14th it looks
>> like light rain in Goodyear Mon->Wed, so I will likely reschedule to the
>> back-up date Feb 28th....If this forecast holds up I will official
>> cancel/reschedule on Mon/Tues and send an email to RSVP'd PAS folk. I
>> already tipped off Marisa at CTCA.

Other related posts: