Intellicast, NWS, and cleardarksky are currently showing cloud cover persisting until around 11 pm. Even Accuweather has winds at 15 gusting to 24 through the evening (which I think will rule out big Dobs). Just BTW, visibility and cloud cover are unrelated. You can have solid 1500' overcast and great visibility (just not upward!). -----Original Message----- From: pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jcollins79@xxxxxxx Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 11:13 AM To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Cc: Don Boyd Subject: [pasmembers] Re: CTCA Tues Feb 14 Folks interested in the CTCA Feb 14 event.... I am getting conflicting forecasts on accuweather.... 8 out of 10 for visibility, but "mostly cloudy" and "some showers" on accuweather's 'astronomy' tab for Feb 14th....What bothers me is yesterday evening wind gusts were forecast up to 33mph, today they are still forecast up to 20mph- we know from experience that the 5th floor garden terrace gets subatantial wind around sunset (our setup time). Right now, I am thinking that Tuesday late afternoon shower(s) + clouds will interfere with solar viewing and wind may be problematic for the evening. I'll recheck the forecast for change in a few hours. So for now, SOLAR VIEWING IS CANCELLED, waiting to make a decision on the evening program depending on forecast in a few hours. ---- Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Accuweather is now saying rain and possibler showers for Tuesday during > the day, but clearing by 8 pm and then the clouds coming back at 11pm... > > On 2/9/2012 3:37 PM, jcollins79@xxxxxxx wrote: > > We need to weatherwatch for the CTCA event on Tues Feb 14th it looks like light rain in Goodyear Mon->Wed, so I will likely reschedule to the back-up date Feb 28th....If this forecast holds up I will official cancel/reschedule on Mon/Tues and send an email to RSVP'd PAS folk. I already tipped off Marisa at CTCA.