[pasmembers] Re: Attn: New PAS Officers

  • From: Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:17:53 -0700

No, the bylaws say that the president can create and appoint new Managers
for any specific function essential to the operation of the Society. And
the correct term is manager to differentiate them from the Board of
directors.

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don,
Do we need to change the constitution for my position? Since it is a new
directorship?
Terri

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The correct term is not Directors, but Managers, so as not to get them
confused with the Board of Directors. When we rewrote the constitution to
clarify the board of directors, we changed the term for persons appointed
by the President to perform specific functions inside the Society to
managers. They report to the President and serve under him. The Board of
Directors is composed of the officers of the Society and are elected
positions.

Don

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Congrats on your new positions.

Please send me a brief article for the newsletter, to introduce
yourselves to PAS. We will include it where there is space permitting in
the newsletter over the Summer, Sept and Oct issues.

Things to talk about:
your goals for PAS
like what you told us last night at the meeting as your campaign speech.

some of your past, such as how you got involved in astronomy.

and anything else you want to include.

I'd like to hear from the following new officers and possibly directors
as well and Members at Large, if you wish to contribute.

Bruce, you should write something about how you enjoyed being President
and how many years you were prez.

Eric - talk about your goals, please.

Mike, you are past Treasurer, maybe talk about what you enjoyed about
doing that job.

Sam, i'd love to hear from you, for the above info.

Rodney, if you want to pencil me a brief paragraph as our Host, thanks.

Howard, send me something, please.

Don, if you want to talk about your editing position or maybe how we
want to make changes to the next year of the newsletter. Last year we
started the photo issues. Which i'd like to continue this year... would
talk about that in your brief paragraph.

Alex, maybe do the same, for your new position.

Jenny, you retained Member at Large this year, so if you want to send
over anything about yourself, that's great, and if not, that's fine as
well, since i know you will be busy with a new baby.

Thank you all for your support in PAS. I will continue as Event
Coordinator, which means you will probably still get just as many emails
from me now, as you did in previous years. If you have any ideas on how to
improve the coordination of events, let me know.

Thanks so much, to all PAS members for your support.
It's been a great 2014-2015 year, and i am hoping for a lot more
activity and fun stuff happening in PAS for the 2015-2016 PAS year.

Awesome Friday and weekend to all!
Terri, Event Coordinator

Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event
Coordinator
Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-Lessons-by-Terri/170920862925772>
Page