[pasmembers] 2015 Messier Marathon

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:37:27 -0700

PAS Members,

It was decided yesterday that Mar 21 will be the PAS Messier Marathon, for
those wanting to be at Mike's house to do their Marathon.

The other choice, and this is NOT a PAS event, but you are welcome to join
SAC and EVAC at their location, and do your marathon there. Here's the
details you need to know about that one.

The AAMM (All Arizona Messier Marathon) is coming up soon. The  actual
“event” is on *Saturday** evening* (and Sunday EARLY AM), *March 21st.*

That is a “short” 3 weeks from now…..   Make sure your calendars are marked
!!!

Some people go out to the site a few days early, and some stay a few days
after.

It is a good place to “camp out”… and the skies are REALLY dark.

AND…. It’s a GREAT place for fellowship with fellow (amateur) astronomers
during the day !!

Now….. we are not quite in the “10 day weather forecast window”…..   but
keeping our fingers crossed…

Link to the SAC (Sponsor) information page:
http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/messier2015.htm

Since several members have messaged me with their choice of where they are
doing their Marathon, and it seems to be about equal between Mike's
location and SAC's location... I'd like it if anyone surfing the net, would
provide more details about the SAC event to the list serv, just
so everyone knows what they need to know to do and enjoy their Marathon.

More useful links:

http://messier.seds.org/xtra/marathon/mm2015.html

Have a super day!

Terri, Event Coordinator for PAS Events

*I'm coordinating Mike's location event. *

Contact SAC at the provided link above, for more details on the SAC/EVAC
event. And have a spectacular weekend!

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook