[paradiseriders] "Thursday Classic" route report

  • From: Paul Hegarty <hegarty@xxxxxxx>
  • To: paradiseriders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 13:24:28 -0800

Sorry I couldn't make it last night, hope the burgers and margies (not that I ever cared about the margaritas myself) were good...

After riding the thursday-night route this morning I'm happy to report its almost totally intact... just between the tea gardens and the Cold Spring trailhead there was some burning all the way down to the road but there are still live trees standing and I would characterize it light to moderate damage for that short stretch while its clear further up the hills the burning was extreme and the hillsides are totally denuded. For sure, as Ray Ford's article in Noozhawk a day or two ago said, the Montecito trails are devastated :o(

Also did my civic duty getting cal fire's attention to a little burning, smoking pile I spotted up the hill side above the road just after the cold spring trailhead.

Happy and merry holidays at all,
Paul