[paradiseriders] Garmin/Strava not tracking road very well?

  • From: Bill Rizzi <rizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Paradise Riders <ParadiseRiders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 10:43:19 -0700

    So I went out for my first road run of the year this AM - yea me!  I say road run because I somehow got the urge to join the Y and have done a couple of 5Ks on the indoor machines there.  I have done the Mission Loop many times (relatively speaking) and I know it's quite close to 5K (i.e. 3.1 miles.)  But Garmin is not tracking the actual route on their own maps very well - and it gave me 3.26 miles.  Anyone else seeing this?

    Now for the first bike of the year this week.  Gonna chance Tunnel; will be happy to make it to the gate but hoping for some dirt up to the trailhead.

    Cheers,

https://www.strava.com/activities/2215235213