[palib] Libraries and PA community

  • From: "Susan Colowick" <Susie@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <palib@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:44:26 -0700

Thanks for the good/bad news, Pam, and good luck in pursuing your dream =
job. I'm sure you'll find it soon, what with OCLC just up the road from =
Centralia.

I may contact the PDN tomorrow (too much else going on today) and alert =
them to the crisis in the school libraries. Meanwhile the NOLS Board =
meets today to consider our own bleak financial prospects.

Another issue I want to raise with PA librarians is yesterday's =
front-page story about the racist climate here. I noticed that the =
public library wasn't included on the task force they've set up. (My =
husband Joe has mentioned this oversight to Karen Rogers, who may =
contact me about participating.) Our libraries, as community information =
centers and meeting places, should definitely be involved in the =
discussion, but I'm not sure what we can do to improve the current =
climate. Ideas??

Susie