[palib] Discussion list now available

  • From: Susan Colowick <scolowick@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'palib@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <palib@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 10:32:31 -0700

Port Angeles librarians,

I've set up a list for us at freelists.org, and I took the liberty of
subscribing all who attended Jamie's workshop (plus one or two who couldn't
attend). I'm still learning the art of list administration, so you'll see a
few glitches now and then (like the fact that you probably got a Welcome
message before you got this explanation).

FreeLists only hosts technology-related discussions; I convinced them that
as 21st-century librarians we would have trouble NOT discussing technology.
Just to be safe, let's try to have a tech component to most of our topics.
;-)

To contribute to the discussion, just sent email to palib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx The

Feel free to invite others in your library to subscribe. They can do so at
//www.freelists.org/list/palib. I deliberately avoided the word
"librarian" in the list description, so that paraprofessionals and others
would feel comfortable joining.

OK, guys, now it's up to you. Let's see if we can maintain the synergy that
Jamie helped us create.

Susie

Susan M. Colowick
Head of Reference Services