[palbolat] Marattialean fern fossils

  • From: Maarten Christenhusz <maachr@xxxxxx>
  • To: palbolat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:11:48 +0300

Dear all,

I am studying the taxonomy and phylogeny of extant members of the Marattiaceae
in the Neotropics. For this study I am interested in information on the fossil
ancestors of the extant genera Marattia, Danaea and Angiopteris. Could anyone
send me some articles or references dealing with recent Marattiaceae fossils?
For the dating of my phylogenetic tree I would also be interested in the age of
the extant lineages. Can anyone help me?

Many thanks!

Maarten Christenhusz
Dept. of Biology
University of Turku