[p900] they didn't answer to this...

  • From: Alfonso Martone <a.martone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:29:51 +0100

I didn't get any answer to this question. Maybe they don't want to
spread technical information like that...

***

And -finally- would like to ask you the Big Videogames Question...

is there a mode to use directly video/pointer/sound of the P900
without waiting for operating system times? I mean:

a)  writing directly to screen memory like the old DOS times:
char *p=0xa0000000;  p[177]=23; // write a pixel in screen memory

b)  reading directly pointer position like the in old DOS times:
if(pressed()) { x=xpos(); y=ypos(); do_hit_here(x,y); }

c)  emitting a predefined Midi note like the old DOS times:
midi_out(22, 11, 33);

d)  getting precise timing to wait for sprite movement:
now=jiffies();

I don't care about compatibility issues or battery draining (due to
continuous loop of checking for user input and similar things). I had
a look at the "direct access to screen" sections of the Symbian/UIQ
development kit documentation pages, but I can't figure out how to do
what described before.

Those four operations (well, at least the first two) would allow to
recycle a bunch of old DOS VGA 320x200 game sources.

***