[p900] the stunning vsprintf bug...

  • From: Alfonso Martone <a.martone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:09:35 +0200

Yes, I finally found a bug even in the libc function "vsprintf" (which I
simply happen to love) of the UIQ 2.1 SDK libraries.

The "vsprintf" considers the italian accented "o" vowel (0xf2) as a
string terminator (like '\0'). Thus, invoking vsprintf with a format
string containing the $F2 character, stops outputting formatted
characters before there. Sigh!!! 15 years of vsprintf in a number of
different operating systems and C/C++ compilers, and finally I have to
write a format-string cleaner/wrapper to get it again in my Symbian C++
code... :~)