[p900] sdk & linux, another little debugging note

  • From: Alfonso Martone <a.martone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:01:16 +0100

Well, I wrote that 0x100039ce was the Unicode UID; it's instead the
unique application UID (the one which Symbian centralized assignment).
I found this "bug" while creating a new application from HelloWorld
sources, and found that installing it on the P900 removed the original
HelloWorld application. I will soon upgrade my site description.

Another __very__ important thing:
I definitively encourage you to write your own P900 & Linux tech
experiences on the internet. Set up an home page, shoot a couple of
weird P900 photos, place it somewhere with a "last updated on" note and
add it to a number of search engines (if you are in a hurry). Let's
exchange our links (I don't want to be the only source of information,
neither the most complete source) and let Sony Ericsson see that Linux
community is not as small as their commercial guys think.

A P900 internet resource page is a serious source of useful information;
while this mailing-list (as almost any other) is "googleable", it's
quite hard to find out what one was searching for (because of quoting,
questions, partial answers, etc). You don't have to be a "P900 guru",
neither you need to be absolutely original, nor you need to cover any
possible remote issue: just describe exactly how did you get something
running, having in mind the user who just opened his brand new P900
package box. For this reason, I added a number of silly (oops) notes to
let a new user proceed without too much fear between mysterious numbers
and commands.

alf