[p900] P900 Bluetooth and Syncing the P900 with Evolution Success!

  • From: Alfonso Martone <a.martone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:18:39 +0100

=46rom Brian W. Taylor:

=2D---------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Hallo!!

        Thanks to your pages and a few other I have been able
to get the sync my P900 to evolution using multisync and evolution.
I don't have it so it does it with all of the scripts but have
start things by hand.

I am going sit down and write up a full how-to but here is
the main steps using a D-Link USB Bluetooth dongle.

        1) get bluez and install

        2) Turn on the USB Bluetooth

        3) Turn on the P900 bluetooth and connect to your machine

        4) run sdptool to add a serial port service

                sdptool add SP

        5) run a rfcomm to listen on channel 1

                rfcomm listen 0 1

        6) run a rfcomm to connect to the P900 bluetooth serial cable

                rfcomm connect 2 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx 1

        7)  This rfcomm will connect to the P900 and the P900
            will disconnect immediately

        8) The P900 will then initiate a connection to the computer
           to connect to the rfcomm listening on channel 1

        9) Run the pppd server: this is what I run to get it up

        pppd rfcomm0 noauth debug nodetach 169.254.1.65:169.254.1.1

        10) I then run the /usr/sbin/named with the attached files
            for config. The mrouter is looking for DNS service and
            will hang up after 0.8 sec if it does not get any.

        After that then you can remote sync to multisync using
        the configuration on the p900 for http://169.254.1.1:xxx

        I will put this all together and send to you as a howto once
        I get all of the steps so that it is much more transparent
        and the timing is not so critical.

                Cheers,
                Brian

named.conf file contains:

// -- start of named.conf

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        /*
         * If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
         * to talk to, you might need to uncomment the query-source
         * directive below.  Previous versions of BIND always asked
         * questions using port 53, but BIND 8.1 uses an unprivileged
         * port by default.
         */
        query-source address * port 53;
};

//=20
// a caching only nameserver config
//=20
zone "." IN {
        type hint;
        file "caching-example/named.ca";
};

zone "localhost" IN {
        type master;
        file "caching-example/localhost.zone";
        allow-update { none; };
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" IN {
        type master;
        file "caching-example/named.local";
        allow-update { none; };
};

zone "mrouter" {
        type master;
        notify no;
        file "mrouter";
};

// -- end of named.conf

mrouter file contains only these 10 lines:

$TTL 86400
@       IN      SOA     ns.mrouter root.mrouter (
                        200306011      =20
                        28800