[p900] Re: My own experience with gnupoc, etc

  • From: "Brian W. Taylor" <Brian.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:59:43 -0700

  Hi

    You don't need to setup bind and ppp if you want to push files.
The bluetooth connection for the obex transfer and dialup networking
works just like the serial, except that you use the rfcomm to connect
the channels the that Alfonso shows on his site But to synchronize with
evolution has to be done as a network connection and you need the
pppd and bind to get this to work. It works both with USB and with
bluetooth. With the USB once the cable is plugged in you can intiate
the ppp connection on the ttyUSBx device and the p900 will negotiate
the connection.

    I am trying to write up all of this info but the day job gets in
the way.

        Cheers,
        Brian