[p900] My own experience with gnupoc, etc

  • From: Michel <p900-dev@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:51:07 +0000

First, thanks to gnupoc guys & Alfonso for the great work getting this SDK
working-ish in linux.

I've installed gnupoc, gcc etc following Alfonso's notes, ran into all the
problems he later added as notes (wine path, uid, etc) and now I have a
toolchain that builds a .SIS as expected...

I haven't tried connecting the P900 to the linux box directly, instead, I
cheat and have the files on an NFS partition shared with a mac, and I can
drop the file to the P900 from there and it gets trasnfered via bluetooth ;-)

+ So I did some more work by getting the "Skeleton" app in a state where I can
duplicate it easily to create a new app. All that works, however, even after
being very careful with that .pkg file I created, it won't install on the
P900. The error is that it's the wrong architecture.
Any more info on that ? I include the template & scripts that duplicates &
renames all the files, as it migth interest someone. Theres some extra files
that allows to open the files direction from Xcode (OSX tool) to browse/edit
and compile from there. You can safely ignore those.

+ symbian has released the source for the makesis and (I think) all the other
bits that we had to run in wine; anyone has tried porting that to leenux ?

+ The emulator "almost" works in wine! it launches, but seems to freeze a few
seconds into the boot sequence. It would be awesome to have that working! Any
chance of getting the wine people to give it a shot ?

Cheers,
Michel