[oz-food] Re: [oz-food] Slow list again…

  • From: Vicki Taylor <vicki@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oz-food@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 16:14:47 +1000

From Jules (who had some tech difficulties so I’m sending on her behalf)
Hi Kelly,

Am here sort of as trying to psyche myself up for the move.🤔😩

You know I love Mexican and TexMex food and your meal looks so fab.  Wish there were decent restaurants like that here.  I am addicted to chipotle🙁😂

Food wise I have not been too adventurous but did make a red Thai prawn curry which was not really authentic as I added far more veggies….red pepper, courgette aka zucchini, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, pak Choi, mange tout aka snow peas, baby corn.

So sad you had to chuck out all that food.  Are you insured for loss like that?  I was but like all insurance companies they found a loophole.

There are only a few of us diehards on the list and I keep wondering where everyone is.  Estela might still be lurking.🤔

Have a margarita and taco for me😜🤪

Jules

On 1 Oct 2021, at 8:51 pm, Chilecayenne <chilecayenne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all, Getting slow on the list again…
I can’t contribute much cooking myself, as that I have no food in the house, haha.
But I did go have a margarita and some good southwestern style Mexican food last night…
I got the Numero Tres, tacos: Blackened fish, chorizo and pulled pork…Bean burrito and shrimp flaunts
Menu:
https://taqueriacorona.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/DINNER-MENU-TC-III-2021-ok.pdf
The best parts is one of those three little sauces up top of picture, they advertise it as a smoked habanero sauce, but amazingly, it is not very hot..but very flavorful.  Kinda like smoke dried chiles ground up in oil.
Sounds strange but is awesome…and you have to know to ask for the little trio of sauces, it isn’t advertised!!
I hadn’t eaten all day, but boy I was stuffed when I left.
<image0.jpeg>

———————————————-I need a shot of salvation baby, once in awhile...

JPEG image

JPEG image