[overture] poisson solver issue

  • From: jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 15:51:58 -0400

Hi,

Is example7.C in the primer up to date? If I copy this code pretty much
verbatim and use it to solve for the streamfunction in an annular domain,
the answer is incorrect. I choose a divergence free velocity field which
satisfies no slip (of the form (u,v) = (-yf(r),xf(r))), compute the
vorticity using Overture and then use Oges to solve for the streamfunction
with 0 Dirichlet data. The resulting velocity field is incorrect (it does
not look like it it has anything to do with the branch cut nor is the
error constrained to the boundary) Is there something missing in the use
of the Oges solver? Thanks,

Best,
Jacob