[overture] Re: modify ins equations

  • From: Alessandro Orchini <aorchini@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:45:00 +0200

Hi Bill,

thanks for the suggestions, I'm working on the code.

I'm just not sure how to behave with the velocities: in userDefinedForcing the
velocity field is already read from the db by

const int & uc = parameters.dbase.get<int >("uc");
const int & vc = parameters.dbase.get<int >("vc");
const int & wc = parameters.dbase.get<int >("wc");

If I define a

real TheVelocity

and assign it component by component by

for(n==0; n<numberOfDimensions; n++)
{

if(n==0)
TheVelocity=u(I1,I2,I3,uc);

else if(n==1)
TheVelocity=u(I1,I2,I3,vc);

else if(n==2)
TheVelocity=u(I1,I2,I3,wc);

fg(I1,I2,I3,n)=myParameters(3)*TheVelocity;
}

does  this routine apply the forcing on all the grids? Usually when I read a
.show file I specify the grids with square brackets, e.g.

u[grid](i,j,k,n)

and I wonder what if the [grid] option is omitted.

Thanks!

Regards,

Alessandro

Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 09:55:03 -0700
From: henshaw@xxxxxxxx
To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [overture] Re: modify ins equations

    Hi Alessandro,

       Forcings can be specified in cg/common/src/userDefinedForcing.C
    (we have been

    making many changes to the forcing's which will appear in the next
    version).

    Gravity can already be turned on if you solve the INS plus
    Boussinesq equations (i.e.

    add a Temperature equation) See the examples in the cg/ins/cmd.

    Boundary values are set in cg/common/src/userDefinedBoundaryValues.C

    ...Bill

    On 05/21/2012 08:17 AM, Alessandro Orchini wrote:

        Hi all,

        I would like to add forces at the INS equation (a volume force
        as gravity, and also a force proportional to the velocity
        filed),

        and define new boundary conditions. In particular, I need to
        impose at the inflow and outflow boundaries (top and bottom
        respectively) the velocity profiles to be

        u(x,t)=0;

        v(x,t) = a*(cosh(b*x)/cosh(b*c) - 1);

        being a,b,c constants.

        I've found in ins/src the whole source code, but what and where
        I have to modify exactly? (lineSolveINS.h? Cgins.C? ins(bC).C?
        ...)

        Thanks,

        Regards

        Alessandro