[otb] Vic and Linda Schiro Update 9/16/09

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelists" <otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:02:57 -0400

September 16, 2009

Dear friends and family in the Lord:

Five days from now, it will be autumn.  A month from now, we will be out on a
ministry tour in the mid-west.  Next summer we will be?  I am coming to
believe that I live entirely too much in the future.  I have spent months
getting ready for a very momentous occasion in my life, and now it is past.  I
have a bad case of the ?I can?t believe it?s over!? blahs.  I am determined to
enjoy each day, especially since this is the last year Nate will be home.
(Did you hear me project forward?  I only include this to allow you a window
into how hard it will be for me to master this.) God is bigger than this and
I?ll be leaning on Him.

Our son Tim has married the woman of his dreams, Sarah Norcross, and is
beginning his junior year at Central Christian College in McPherson, Kansas.
He is studying to be a junior high English teacher.  Sarah is working at the
local Pregnancy Center.  They had a lovely wedding blessed with many family
and friends.

Evan is still studying business administration at Spring Arbor University.  He
is a sophomore and is working hard to keep his grades up to keep his
scholarship.  He is also learning to live life without wheels as a Wyoming
uninsured unlicensed motorist totaled his car this summer, leaving him to
thumb his way back to school with friends.  It?s not fun and he is trying to
learn what God is teaching from the experience.

Nate is still enjoying Cheyenne East High School.  He is a senior this year
and enjoying driving, youth group at church and art classes.  We enjoyed extra
time with him last week as we worked on wedding preparations in Kansas.

Vic and I have begun ministry at the Detention Center here in town.  The men
meet in the evening and the women begin their meeting at 8:30 p.m. (The gals
get out of work later as most work in restaurants or at evening retailers.)
We also help in the Retirement Center ministry.  There will be a college
ministry that we may be helping with occasionally but it meets during Awana at
our church, and we have been helping in that ministry and would like to this
year as well.  We are working to raise our support, and are also booking the
fall and winter months.

Please pray for Tim and Sarah as they start their new life together, for all
the boys as they start school, for us as we start ministry for the fall, and
as I start to live in the day.  Carpe Diem!  Thank you God for this day!

In His grip,

Linda