[orthanc] NEWS!!!!

  • From: "Gregorio, RichardD" <RichardD.Gregorio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'orthanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <orthanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:44:26 -0400

For important news skip to the bottom, the top is just some updates.

Duh, the mailing list is back online. Freelists was finally able to go back
online after getting hit bad in a storm. Their backups were bad, well it is
a free service so I can't really complain.

I had a record of all the people who signed up and that I signed up,
unfortunately I have no record of the 8 or so people that unsubscribed. Just
send me mail at mailto:rgrego@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or use the form on
http://clam.rutgers.edu

I don't have a new newsletter yet. No I am not lazy I have been busy doing
other things. What have I been doing? Well...

I have my own domain name now, www.orthanc.st. It isn't liked to my website
yet, I am waiting the 72 friggin' hours it takes for them to give me a
different DNS server. The new DNS server is all set up however. Just ignore
this if you don't understand it, I will tell you when it is all set and
ready to go.

News

I may be hosting YOUR website soon. I am still in the process of setting it
up.
I currently have apache running. Apache is a webserver which means I can
create pages on my linuxbox and you all can see it. When orthanc.st becomes
active it will point here. Soon I hope to have a ftp server running and a
mail server running.

In a months time I hope to:

1. Be running this list through news@xxxxxxxxxx (my own server) instead of
freelists.org

2. Host your webpages. You will be able to ftp your files to my machine and
make them public to the world at http://www.orthanc.st/~yourusername

3. Host your mail.

Right now I see the webspace being 50-200 meg a person depending on the
amount of people that sign up. Initially I have 2 gig that I will split
even. The webspace will be free and have no ads. We're all friends here.

I should have the mailserver and ftp server running by the end of next week.
Then we get into testing until I feel it is ready. No microsoft fuckups
here.

To give those tech savy people a hint on what I am planning on running.
-sendmail (mail server)
-majordomo (mailing list)
-majorcool (web front end to majordomo)
-apache (running now)(webserver)
-either WU-ftp or beroFTP (ftp server)

All on a redhat7.1 box.
I have apache running and have had ftp on an earlier version of linux so I
feel ok setting them up. Mail however is a different story. But again this
is gonna be fun.

I will keep you updated, let me know if you are interested. Keep in mind I
am planning on a one month wait before startup.

Richard D. Gregorio Jr.
Enterprise Development Intern
ext. 7293