[orthanc] Musical Interlude 9/10

  • From: "Gregorio, RichardD" <RichardD.Gregorio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'orthanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <orthanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:07:47 -0400

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Today I got what I feel is one of the greatest love songs ever. It is NOT a
ballad. It is actually a fairly decent rock song. The song is called
"Bargain."
It originally appeared on the Who album "Who's Next." I will include the
lyrics.  You may recognize the song from some truck commercial. I think
Nissan.  I guess one of the band members needed money. Then again the Who
did have an album called "The Who Sell Out."

The reason I feel this is a great love song is the repeated theme, "I'd
gladly lose me to find you." I wish I could write that powerful.

http://music.orthanc.st

The Bargain

I'd gladly lose me to find you
I'd gladly give up all I had
To find you I'd suffer anything and be glad

I'd pay any price just to get you
I'd work all my life and I will
To win you I'd stand naked, stoned and stabbed

I'd call that a bargain
The best I ever had
The best I ever had

I'd gladly lose me to find you
I'd gladly give up all I got
To catch you I'm gonna run and never stop

I'd pay any price just to win you
Surrender my good life for bad
To find you I'm gonna drown an unsung man

I'd call that a bargain
The best I ever had
The best I ever had

I sit looking 'round
I look at my face in the mirror
I know I'm worth nothing without you
And like one and one don't make two
One and one make one
And I'm looking for that free ride to me
I'm looking for you