[ornl-run-walk] Spring couch to 5K

  • From: "Pittman, Kathryn S." <pittmanks@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bugbee, Kathy P." <bugbeekp@xxxxxxxx>, "McCarter, Debbie B." <mccarterdb@xxxxxxxx>, "Pfeiffer, Terry C." <pfeiffertc@xxxxxxxx>, "Baker, Jennifer M." <bakerjm@xxxxxxxx>, "McGetrick, Lee B." <mcgetricklb@xxxxxxxx>, "Scofield, Patricia A." <scofieldpa@xxxxxxxx>, "Bonine, Terry M." <boninetm@xxxxxxxx>, "Middlebrook, Monty" <middlebrookm@xxxxxxxx>, "Hobson, Steven M." <hobsonsm@xxxxxxxx>, "ornl-run-walk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ornl-run-walk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Lawson, Joan W." <lawsonjw@xxxxxxxx>, "Bacon, Lindsay D." <baconld@xxxxxxxx>, "Patterson, Emily L." <pattersonel@xxxxxxxx>, "Moe, Allison C." <moeac@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 15:30:52 +0000

Current runners feel free to attend and meet others looking for accountability
partners.

I am so excited you have decided to take on the challenge of training for a
5k!!!   I am attaching articles for review. Look forward to seeing everyone at
the kickoff session starting the Tuesday February 3rd.  I am waiting to see how
many people we have and what levels we are training at before deciding if we
will need to split into different  groups so as of now plan to meet @ 11:00 on
Tuesdays and Thursday at the flag pole in front of 4500N .Bring your coworkers
and a smile.  Also in case of bad weather we will use the gym so please make
sure you have taken the training (
https://portal07.ornl.gov/sites/ls/lms/Pages/ORNLFitnessFacilityAccessTraining.aspx).

It is never too early to get moving, stretch and drink lots of water:)

If these activities don't fit your schedule or you are looking for additional
runs these are additional local running groups
http://www.knoxvilleendurance.com/events.htm
http://ktc.org/
http://www.fleetfeetknoxville.com/

Wondering what trails are close to your home
http://www.cityofknoxville.org/greenways/

Kathryn Pittman
ORNL Exercise Physiologist
Bldg4500s ROOM f62
865-241-3304 phone
865-241-3439 fax
STRESS is about Smiling more, Thinking accurately, Reliving positive
experiences, Eating well and Sweating more.