[orgprints] missing italian eprints

  • From: Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe <Hugo.Alroe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <orgprints@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:04:42 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Serenella Puliga
Sent: Mon 12/19/2005 11:46 AM
To: Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe
Subject: other problems

> some Italian users have recorded some items (I know that from
> them directly), but I can not see anything on the archive to edit them.
> I suppose there are some troubles: what I have to do? Can you help us?
> I'm looking forward to hearing from you (or from other people reading cc if
> they know something), because in the next days I expect to receive many
> records.

Yes, I can see that #6468, which is in the buffer now, has been deposited from
Italy. This is also an EU project, but it has only been attached to "European
Union" in the Country/Organisation/Project tree. Since it is the choices in
this tree that (mainly) determine which editors will see the eprint in their
submission buffer, it is at the moment only visible to editors with the right
to edit European Union (at present only Helga Willer and I, as far as I
remember, but of course this can be changed). This means that you cannot see
the eprint in your buffer, even though it was deposited from Italy (since the
nationality of the depositor does not determine whether you can see the eprint
in your buffer).

I think that Helga usually takes care of the European projects and their
eprints. However,
I edited the eprint to add the Italian partner (and some more - not all were in
the tree).
Università Politecnica delle Marche was not in the tree (let us know whether
you think it should be there), so I put it under Italy/Other organisations.
This means that you should at least be able to see it in your buffer.

If you know other eprints that you think should be in your buffer, but which
are not there, do ask for them here on the list.
--Hugo