[orgprints] SV: suggestion from user and contact to the user

  • From: Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe <Hugo.Alroe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <orgprints@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 14:02:17 +0100

I see three issues in this:
1. Suggestions to the archive staff are only visible when editing an eprint,
they are not supposed to be shown on the (public) summary page.

2. There are two ways to contact the user in the present system:
  A. Return the eprint to the user work area and edit the message that informs
the user of this. This message will have Archive Staff or something as sender,
and if the user replies to the mail, the reply will go to me (and I will
forward them to this list).
  B. Send a mail yourself to the user, referring to the eprint in question and
stating that you are an Organic Eprints Editor. In this way you can communicate
directly with the user without involving the rest of us.

In the situation you describe, I would recommend B. I see no need to be
anonymous - on the contrary, I think it is good if the country editors are
becoming well known to the users in the respective countries.

There is at present no way to get the Eprints system to send an email from you
to the user (by pushing a button, for instance). For all I know this may be
technically feasible, but I doubt that it is worth the effort, since it would
not be much different from sending the email yourself. If you really want this
feature (you may discuss this here first), make a new Issue on
http://orgprints.org/wiki/Issues and request it as a Feature and let us know on
the list that you have done so. If people prioritise this we will bring the
request to the Eprints people (it is not something we can implement locally on
Organic Eprints).

3. On your user requests, it is not clear exactly what she requested. If it is
a new category in the Affiliation tree, this can only be added by a few people
(at present, Helga and I) and you should copy her request to this list, if you
support it. If it is a description of an organisation, in form of a deposited
eprint, you are quite right that she should add that herself.
-Hugo