[orgprints] SV: AW: Linking to project; projects by country

  • From: Hugo Fjelsted Alrøe <Hugo.Alroe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <orgprints@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:20:04 +0100

Another way, which we use in Denmark, for DARCOF, is to have project entries
(using a short project title) in the Research affiliation tree and link both
project descriptions and publications directly to the project instead of to
DARCOF. In this way the project description and publications can both be found
in the browse views under Denmark/DARCOF/SomeProject. (The Research affiliation
tree is used to generate the browse views.)

However, this may not be a feasible solution in all cases. If the projects are
very small and the only publication is a final report, this is probably not the
most user friendly solution. Adding project titles in the Research Affiliation
tree also adds to the work load of those who are able to do this (only me and
Helga at the moment). So we only recommend this solution for large projects
with many publications. (The Danish projects are quite big and usually there
are many publications from each project.) Furthermore, if projects are added to
the Research affiliation tree, they should only be added once. The natural
place is under the research funder and not under the institution(s) that
perform the project, since often(?) there are more than one institution
involved in a research project. In the Danish case, the funder is in almost all
cases DARCOF. Similarly, the EU projects can be found under EU in the browse
views.

In other cases Helga's solution can be used. If you want to make a link to a
search for the keyword "SOMEPROJECTCODE", write
http://orgprints.org/perl/search/advanced?keywords=SOMEPROJECTCODE
see http://orgprints.org/wiki/Help/SearchLinks for a little more information on
this. (The project code should of course be unique for this to work - at least
inside the organisation, if the search is limited to a particular organisation.)
-Hugo