[OGD] Ruben Sauleda

  • From: viateur.boutot@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: orchids@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:21:15 -0500

"Orchids fascinate Ruben Sauleda...
he got a Ph.D. while studying the... flowers.
Today he grows them in Redland.
Sauleda, 63,... has a Ph.D. in orchid taxonomy...
his specialty... cattleya species.
He owns Ruben In Orchids.
has been in the orchid business for 48 years...

``I made a formula called the 100 to help them grow, and it worked.
It's the same formula I use today,'' he said.
Ruben In Orchids in Horse Country where he started creating hybrids... for
commercial growers.

The move to Redland came five years ago after Sauleda wanted a spot where
he could get better water for his orchids...
His new location has a lab and a 6,400-square-foot greenhouse...

his Rueben Verde... features a giant green flower...

the company... sells orchids for retail and wholesale.
Yet, most of the business comes from flasking for commercial growers...
Sauleda spends most of his time in the lab."

Regards,

VB