Re: TOAD vs SQL Navigator

  • From: Eddie Awad <ra3masis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oradev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:11:04 -0700

Thank you Dave and Jon for your feedback.

Regarding SQL Navigator support, I have never contacted them or
submitted any enhancement requests. In fact, I have noticed that when
they upgrade from version to version, sometimes they introduce new
bugs, and sometimes the old bugs never get fixed. Like, for example, I
have SQL Navigator 4.4 now installed on my machine. I upgraded to 4.5
a few months ago, but whenever I selected a table with a CLOB column,
somehow SQL Navigator became very slow. I needed to select and view
CLOB's, so, since then, I have reverted back to 4.4 and I'm quite ok
with it.

Regarding the team coding features, we do not use SQL Navigator at all
for check out/check in, version control and the like, we have a
separate application for that (called Kintana).

Thanks.
--
Eddie Awad.
http://awads.net/