TOAD vs SQL Navigator

  • From: Eddie Awad <ra3masis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oradev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:06:13 -0700

Hi all,

In addition to SQL*Plus, I have always used SQL Navigator as the
primary tool for my PL/SQL and Oracle database development. However,
it looks like the number one tool for Oracle development is not SQL
Navigator, it is TOAD.

Based on a (unscientific) poll on my blog, as of the writing of this
e-mail, 87 people have responded to the question: What SQL development
tool do you use most? TOAD is in the lead, SQL*Plus second, PL/SQL
Developer third. SQL Navigator is fourth.

It looks like both TOAD and  SQL Navigator have the same price, so, I
guess, it must be something in the features that makes TOAD more
popular than SQL Navigator.

I have never used or tried TOAD before, so, for those of you using it,
what are the features that you like most in this tool? and if you were
the one who had to choose, why did you choose TOAD?

Thanks.
--
Eddie Awad.
http://awads.net/