Re: ** x-windows for oracle installation

  • From: Nirmalya Das <nirmalya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:04:26 -0800

All you have to do is:
1. open a cygwin window
2. startx

Quoting A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,
In order to get x-windows for oracle installation, I am trying to use CYGWIN and it gives error : could not find xterm. Does anyone have experience with using CYGWIN or is there another alternative? Long term we are looking to buy exceed/hummingbird but till then I need an working alternative. I am connecting from a XP to a SUnos 2.8. Thanks for your help.