RE: xml access how to set up security access etc

  • From: Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:33:13 +0200

I meant that we have a supplier offering to be a new website, host this
website, makes a
connection through the internet, passes a firewall in our company, makes a
connection to our backoffice.
We have to built the connection on the backoffice. Supplier wants to get in
through xml, built a translation
webservice on our side extra that will call the backoffice procedures
through .net (probably something like
odbc)

I need concrete arguments to convince management that
a) better to build backoffice procedures in xml so you don't need the
translation service built by the supplier
b) I need an application server to manage security
c) ....

Tnx,

Jeroen