x$ksmlru question

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:29:07 -0500

To all those x$gurus,

I am investigating ora-4031 errors, and I need to monitor x$ksmlru as
well. Would it be a terrible bad thing to scan this periodically? I
love my database.

Please note that I haven't defined a timeframe to quantify
periodically. Does anyone have suggestions for timeframe? it is a 24x7
OLTP system. I don't want to scan the table every minute, but I also
don't want to scan it once a week, that's why I am looking for some
middle ground ... we normally expect to see 4031 once about 3 weeks.

(9204, aix5.2, rac)
TIA
Raj (chief sql fixer, chief plsql rewriter, IANOCP).
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category =
'MANDATORY';