RE: wow, i'm surprised, signoff

  • From: Peter Barnett <regdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:23:28 -0700 (PDT)

One of the advantages to a lot of gray hair is that
you have screwed up in every way possible.  Sometimes
two, or three times. From this you learn to test
everything before it goes into production. Even if
someone posts a serious suggestion, it should be
tested in your environment.

This has nothing to do with being politically correct
but doing your job in a conscientious manner.  If
someone posts bogus commands you learn two things from
your testing:  it does not work and who you can trust.
 Both are valuable lessons.  If you choose to go
straight to production you learn the same lessons but
the whole company also gets to share in your
experience.  Not a good thing.

=====
Pete Barnett
Lead Database Administrator