Re: workaround for v$sql_plan

  • From: "Alberto Dell'Era" <alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wolfgang Breitling" <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:16:29 +0100

Yes, 10gR2 more likely - I haven't really worked in 10gR1,
only 10GR2, and there I don't remember hitting the bug.

I think it's more related to the cursor being invalidated or not,
I remember noticing that systems with a lot of reloads hit the
bug more often - it's probably a dangling pointer to the memory
structure that holds access_predicates and filter_predicates.
I remember also that not full-scanning v$sql_plan, but fetching
only the "plan rows" you are interested into, seemed to reduce
the frequency of the ORA-600.
Just some intuitions I had, I haven't really tried to pinpoint the bug
precisely - that is the work of Support.

On 3/16/07, Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
10gR2 if I'm not mistaken. A client encountered the ora-600 errors on
a 10.1.0.5 system. Interestingly enough not on their 9.2.0.7 system.
It probably depends on the complexity of the sql whether you hit the
bug or not.

They were given a workaround: set _cursor_plan_unparse_enabled =
false. As far as I recall, Could also be _cursor_plan_enabled = false;

At 11:10 AM 3/16/2007, Alberto Dell'Era wrote:
>On 3/16/07, Ankur Godambe <agodambe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>changes. I hit this bug#4434689 with 9.2.0.7 where selects on v$sql_plan
>>failes with ora-600 [504].
>
>I haven't found the bug on Metalink; if the bug is similar to 2525630,
>you can avoid the ORA-600 by not selecting access_predicates
>and filter_predicates. These informations are lost, but at least you have
>the rest of the plans.
>
>The bug is solved in 10g.

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling