Re: word index

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davewendelken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:52:42 +0100

Oracle intermedia will do this for you (except its now called
OracleText in 10g). So the keywords would be Intermedia or OracleText.

There are, or have been, a slew of bugs with the feature and
cursor_sharing !=3D EXACT and the 10.1.0.4 patchset replaces the
licensed free text search components from one vendor with 'identical'
components from another vendor - I'm sure this will be a big upgrade
gotcha.

On 4/25/05, david wendelken <davewendelken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> I need to be able to make an index of all words used in a set of columns =
in a set of tables.
>=20
> I remember hearing about some feature to do this years ago, but not what =
it was called.
>=20
> If anyone can give me a pointer to the right topic name in the manual, th=
at would be great!
>=20
> (Gotcha tips would be nice, too!)
>=20