RE: windows question

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:51:25 -0500

Additional points.  It will look in the current directory first, working
directory.

Ie if you have an icon on your desk that executes out of c:\working, and
you have six tnsnames.ora files laying around... one of them in
c:\working, then your app will look there first and use
c:\working\tnsnames.ora.

I believe you can set TNS_ADMIN through your environment variables
also... but Brandon's advise is good advice.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
x72546