Re: window 2003 x64 certification

  • From: Joan Hsieh <joan.hsieh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: William Muriithi <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 13:41:56 -0400

Thank you all, I finally got it clearly. Our OS system admin told me they are not the same which confused all of us.

Thanks again,

Joan

William Muriithi wrote:

Joan

 AMD64/EM64T are brand names for AND and Intel respectively.  The generic name
for both is x64.

If you are using AMD processor, then you can use the brand name AMD64, else if
on Intel EM64T is the brand name you are looking for.

For ease, most operating people just group them together and call them X64, as
there is no difference technically.

William

Do you know if window 2003 x64bit is certified for 11g 64 bit. I checked
the platform on metalink, there is no entry for Microsoft Windows 2003
(x64), I asked our os system, he said the server is not AMD64/EM64T, nor
Itanium, just x64. Do you have any idea if it is available?

Thanks,

Joan