RE: why do I need dbcontrol?

  • From: "John Hallas" <john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:00:22 +0100

I am not sure that dbcontrol would class as a web server, however...

You do not need dbcontrol if you do not want to use Enterprise manager
to maintain and manage all your databases.

Not using EM would mean that you would need to have to log onto each
database server to check for problems and to make changes. This is both
time consuming and in-effective.

Instead of using dbcontrol I would be tempted to pitch for starting a
project to create a Grid Control EM environment where all databases can
be managed from a single web page.