why conventional not direct

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:30:05 -0400

 Oracle 9.2
 I have two tables voice.line_dup, voice.mike_test. mike_test was created
 using the scripts from voice.line_dup with the same constraints enabled. I
 then inserted all of the data from line_dup into mike_test. Both tables are
 in the same tablespace. I use the same batch file for both tables
 userid=xxx/xxxx direct=y indexes=y constraints=y grants=y compress=n
 statistics=none tables=voice.line_dup
 only the table name changes. and the same kornscript to export.
 When I use voice.line_dup it will only export in conventional mode, when I
 do mike_test it uses direct mode.

 Any ideas
 thanks
 mike