Re: which os groups should the cloud control agent be member of?

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 08:44:13 +0100

Hi,
a few years ago I had to add it to the asmadmin group in order to make it
work on 11.2.
At that time Oracle support said it was correct, even if not documented.

Regards
Dimitre
On Dec 1, 2015 7:21 AM, "Freek D'Hooge" <freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

That is true for connecting to the databases, but I was thinking about
reading the log/trace files and the config files.
For instance, I can see that the alert file has as group the ASMDBA group
(probably because of the GI), but I don't know if OEM still uses the alert
file itself for checking for errors (or maybe the external table from the
db).

Kind regards,

Freek

On ma, 2015-11-30 at 21:44 +0100, Ls Cheng wrote:

I only set it to oinstall. I dont think it needs osdba and asmdba? It uses
dbsnmp

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for information on which OS groups should be used for the
Oracle agent when role separation is used (forced upon you).
The environment is linux with 12c GI (with ASM) and 12c + 11g databases,
with different users for the GI and the databases.
The oracle agent needs to be installed as a third user

Normally I would add the user for this agent to the oinstall, OSDBA and
ASMDBA groups, but I can't find this explicitly listed / explained in the
documentation....

Thanks,