Re: when does the lost datafile get noticed

  • From: Peter Gram <peter.gram@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:51:45 +0100

Michael
The Oracle database will not know that you have deleted the file and
that is the reason that you
did not get any problems until you tried to close the database.
When you delete a file on unix the file is not removed  until all
processes has closes the file.
This is the reason that the database did not complain about you're delete.
The best way to test is file system on a mount point that you then can
unmount force
since this will de noted by Oracle :-)

/peter

--

Best regards / Venlig hilsen

/*Peter Gram*/
Miracle A/S <http://www.miracleas.dk>
Kratvej 2
DK - 2760 Måløv

Cell:  (+45) 2527 7107
Phone: (+45) 4466 8855
Fax:   (+45) 4466 8856
Home:  (+45) 3874 5696
Skype:  peter_gram
Email: peter.gram@xxxxxxxxxxxx

 28 feb - 2.mar 2005     Database Master Class with Chris Date
 30 Mar 2005     SQL Tuningsdag for Oracle-teknikere
 2-4 May 2005    SQL Server Master Class with Kimberly Tripp

accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects. - Robert A. Heinlein