RE: what's the difference between "CPU I/O Wait" and "db scatter/sqenecail wait"

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: alberto.dellera@xxxxxxxxx, "'qihua wu'" <staywithpin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 00:38:35 +0800

Hi,

Btw, the scheduling latency problem is where where timed_os_statistics comes
in handy - it will populate the "OS Wait-cpu (latency) time" statistic in
v$sesstat and v$sysstat, so you can actually measure how long time was
wasted on waiting in CPU runqueues.

There's also an OS_CPU_WAIT_TIME statistic in V$OSSTAT (10g+) which gives
you pretty much the same info.

--
Regards,
Tanel Poder