RE: what package/procedure did SQL come from?

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 04:30:33 -0400

The amusing part is how I first learned of this X$.....

Years ago, in the days of 8i, I think, I found a script on MetaLink that would
provide the name of the stored PL/SQL object, given a SQL statement.  But, the
script itself was wrapped PL/SQL.  The ironic part was, the string 'X$KGLRD'
was visible, even in the wrapped source. :-)

Once I noticed that, it didn't take too long for me to experiment a bit and
figure out how to directly use this X$, so I no longer needed the wrapped
PL/SQL.  :-)  So, in this case, at least, wrapping wasn't very effective... :-)

-Mark

P.S.  FYI, I just did a MetaLink search on x$kglrd, and got a couple of hits on
a script that shows an example of how to join to x$kglob and x$kglcursor.